Friday, January 20, 2012

Dosing for Children

There are definitely specific doses for children and even specific oils that can and cannot be used for children.

EO body oil or body rub dosing. 

For 1 ounce (30ml) of carrier oil.  You can buy the carrier oil from Young Living if you like.  I like it, but I love using coconut oil.  It's moisturizing and slips all over the skin.  Almond oil is supposed to be a better carrier oil too.  Honestly, I think using any quality food grade oil will work fine.  Probably not Canola oil, but olive, jojoba, avocado etc...

Newborns - 0-1 drop
2-6 mos - 1-2 drop
6-12 mos - 1-3 drop
1-4yrs - 1-5 drop
5-7 yrs - 3-6
8-12 - 5-9 drop
12 and over - 5-10


This is just a general guideline. If you are using Young Living oils, these are the doses.  Start with the lowest amount of drops and increase if you aren't getting the result you want.  I am not a medical doctor or health practitioner.  I cannot diagnose any ailment.  I can only guide you toward oils that have helped our family and have been shown to help.  I reference 3 books when I look for healing my family. 
 
Gentle Babies by Debra Raybern
Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child by Valerie Ann Worwood
Reference Guide for Essential Oils by Connie and Alan Higley


I would suggest that you reference these books for healing your family as well.  They will prove invaluable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment